Monday, February 9, 2009

blessings

I guess that I really don't have much to post about family wise other than my mom is doing really good and has been super chatty the past couple of visits.  I have learned many things about her that I didn't know.  I feel so blessed to be able to visit with her sometimes late into the night.  I do miss her thought provoking visits around my kitchen table, the talks over folding clothes and some of my favorite conversations were as walked at the mall.  But I still enjoy listening to her voice as she talks about her youth.  I know that it sounds crazy, but I do miss my mom!

But I don't want to feel sorry for myself today so I thought I would just mention some of the blessings in my life......My husband, Haley, Jackson, Maddy,  Jake and Jessie.  My family.  The roof over my head, food to feed my family and clothes (to many for most) for one and all.  My friends...I have great friends!  My health and the health of my family.   Shane's job.  Living in a safe neighborhood.  My faith.  My Savior. Scout and Jenna.  Miracles.  Living in a free land and having a great life!

2 comments:

Summer said...

hey... lunch this week? I've got matchmaker questions!!

Heather and Sean said...

I just uploaded the exact same background - before I saw yours! I guess we both have good taste! No updates on baby, job, or moving yet - we'll keep you posted! Love to you all!