Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A new school year begins....

One of my favorite commercials a few years ago was "It's the most wonderful time, of the year." I think it was done by Staples, but it could have been Wal-mart. This was not at Christmas time but at the beginning of school. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I really enjoy the summer with them home but I was ready for all of us to get into a schedule again. Life has been a bit bumpy for awhile so getting a little more scheduled will feel good, I hope.
It is hard to believe that Haley is a junior in high school, Jackson is in 8th grade, Madison is in 6th grade and Jake is in real pre-school this year. No more play school for him. Although, Jake is feeling a bit slighted because his school doesn't start until after Labor Day. No major malfunctions were reported for the first day, but we started another list of what is needed for the year. Haley was a Toro Link Leader on the first day which meant that she got to help students find their way to classes if they were lost. Jackson was able to find all of his classes, no worries, he assured us, and he knows everybody in the 8th grade! Maddy was supposed to be on live TV to give morning announcements for tech club at school, but they were not quite ready on Monday. So all in all life is good and we are so blessed!

2 comments:

amy said...

Yea, another post. You keep blogging sister! The site looks great. I can't believe how old your kids are either. Crazy stuff.

christy said...

Here here...getting back to the school schedule is a great thing!! You can't beat kids in bed by 8:00 (at least at my house :) )