Monday, September 8, 2008

Cloudy Day!


I love these kind of days in AZ. I thought what a great day to do laundry, clean the house, steam my floors and the like. Then the sun came out and took away all of my cloudy day dreams as it was too hot for major house work....so I decided to get caught up on my blog.
Some of you might notice my newest addition on the side of my blog(c me read c jane). A husband and wife in our area were in a small plane crash in mid August. This has been too close to home as you might imagine. Our prayers are with the entire family as they heal in every direction! If you would like to see what an impact one person can have in the world, I invite you to read up on this amazing woman and family.
Here is my winning hand in Texas Hold'em. I wish I could explain why I won. What I can tell you is that literally I was down to my last mint when I won the kitty. Dave, Bruce, Carrie, Sam, Amy, Shane and I played for mints instead of money, so that everyone would be on their best behavior, with no cheating and good feelings at the end. Other than a few people who ate their neighbors betting mints, we had a great time.
Dave & Co. (Lisa, Spencer and Ryan) came for Labor Day weekend to see my mom and dad. It just was luck or bad timing that she fell and fractured her hip and needed surgery the same time as they were here. They did get to spend some quality time with both of them. I was reflecting over that weekend how, I had started the summer with Shane in rehab and finished the summer with my mom in rehab. Needless to say it has been quite a year so far. I am looking forward to 2009!
We have added a new addition to our house.......
Jessie Merrill has moved in with us and will be with us till the end of the year or so. The kids are thrilled to have her back in the house and she is a joy to have around. We love her and feel honored that she would want to live in the zoo, we call home.

2 comments:

christy said...

Look at you...putting up a new post...I am truly impressed!! I love cloudy days too. I am SOOOO gonna use the "It's to sunny to clean" excuse...LOVE IT!! Jason is a huge texas hold em' fan...I'm not sure how he would feel about the mints, but I'm sure he would totally play if you need some more people!! Yeah for Jessie being at your house...I'm sure she LOVES the ZOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Reed and Aunt Barbara say.......It was fun getting updated on your blog. Everyone is getting so grown up! I love blogging.......it's such a fun way to keep up with family. Sending our love your way!