Monday, September 29, 2008

meetings

We are on the final push for Homecoming, the dance is this Saturday. We have the dress, shoe and extensions(which Haley said is a must for every girl), but we still have to nail down a hair design, jewelry and of course nails and make-up. I hope that we can buy groceries when this is all done(just kidding). I told Shane to look on the bright side....we get to do this again in just 2 1/2 months for winter formal. For those of my friends with girls....start saving now!
All kidding aside, Haley, Jake and I met my mom, dad and Amy at the mall. It was great to have my mom out for the day, she had a great time! We did find shoes and they were a great deal. Shane and Jackson met some hunting buddies and went shooting to get ready for elk season and Maddy was babysitting. Then I met Shane at Jackson's baseball game, which they came from behind and won at their last at bat. Way to go boys!!!
`Then I went to Womens Conference(church broadcast, sorry I don't know how to link that up yet) with some friends. The broadcast was great.
Afterwards, I had the pleasure of meeting Stephanie Nielson's mom, two sisters and a cousin. For those of you who don't recognize the name, Stephanie and her husband Christian were in a plane crash August 16th of this year. You might imagine how close to home this was for our family to hear of this accident. We have followed their progress by blog. I visited with them for a few minutes and we agreed to visit Sunday after church and they would have the chance to visit with Shane. I hope it was helpful to them to see someone who survived and is at home getting back into life. Our hearts go out to both families. We pray for them and think of their struggles often but they are a strong family and strongly planted in the gospel. They are a great example to me.

6 comments:

amy said...

I see you are starting to catch the blog bug. I love the voting addition..good job! You rock.
Love you always and THANK YOU for being an inspiration.

gray-gang said...

Sara
You are a great example to me! I have thought about your family often after hearing of the Nielson's crash, I am sure it is so helpful for them to of met you and Shane! I cant wait to see Haley at church in her dress, I know she will be gorgeous! Although Homecoming prep, I am sure is crazy but deep down...arent you having fun? I will definetly take your advice on start saving now for my girls. I often think about how much fun it is having 3 girls and all the fun stuff I get to do with them but then Brian brings me back to reality with how dang expensive they are! I maybe coming to you with advice! I am glad you got to go out with your mother, I am sure she enjoyed the day out as well! I love reading your blog, you always have uplifting things to say! Have fun these last few days with the homecoming prep!

julie williams said...

Can't wait to see Haley's pictures...hope she has a blast! I hope the visit with Stephanie's family went well and that they are holding up ok. I can't even imagine what they are going through but I know you can. I think about you often even though we don't get to talk that often.
Love ya doll!! Tell the hubby and fam hello

Jaimee said...

Sara, from what I know of you, I am sure you were a great support to the Clark family. You & Shane are so giving and I only hope he can feel more relief from his pain and that you can get more much deserved breaks! Thanks for being such a good friend to me. I truly appreciate your advice, acceptance, and laughter! Congrats on the Homecoming deals and good luck this weekend! Go Toros! :0)

Andrea said...

Hi Sara! I'm so glad that Shane is doing so well since his accident! I bet that was neat to meet Stephanie's mom! The RS Broadcast was AWESOME!!!

tamra said...

i can't wait to see the pics from homecoming! have fun Haley! and i'm glad you can be a support to the Nielson family. have a great week!