Friday, September 19, 2008

my mom


It is amazing to me how things have changed in such a short amount of time ( 1 year). Last summer we went to the 1st ever Gibby (mother's side) reunion in Park City. All but 4 family members where able to make it. We had a great time and we even got a pretty good family photo out of it.

It is sad to me how quickly my mother has changed since this photo was taken. But the one thing that hasn't changed is how much I love and admire her. I am so grateful for her and all she has done for me and my family.

I don't think that she ever thought she had done anything wonderful or super special, but I know that because of her never giving up her beliefs most of her posterity is active in the church(LDS). It was not easy taking 5 kids to church every Sunday by herself. Or teaching early morning Seminary to just one child because she wanted to make sure that the one got some of the blessings from seminary. But she did it without complaint, that was my mom.

I have reflected much these past few months since Shane's accident, her hip surgery and having to place her in a care home. I keep coming back to the same feeling of, I don't know how I would have survived the crash and everything since without the gospel in my life. Because of her sacrifices, I know that my Savior knows and loves me, that my family can be an eternal family and that we need to have faith and not be afraid to use it. But most importantly, I know that prayers are heard and answered.

I have been so blessed by my mom.

9 comments:

Jaimee said...

Sara, I am so sorry for all you've been going thru with your Mom these last months---it's just one more fun thing to add to the mix, huh? But it's got to get better soon and I know your faith in the gospel is seeing you through. We hear that "Spring follows the Winter," so you should expect a REALLY good "Spring" with the "Winter" you've just had! :) Call me whenever you want---I love our visits!

tamra said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom.
Thanks for sharing!
Love you guy!
Tamra

Shabwan said...

Sara! As always-a pillar of strength. I love you girl and would do anything for you! How lucky your own kids are to have YOU for THEIR mom and to see you be so strong when there were no other options. You're my hero!! Love ya girl...Shaunna

christy said...

Amen!! Family is so important...that's why our religion puts such emphasise on it!! I may not know your mom...but I know you are a great strength to your family like she was to you!! Things will get better..just keep believing and keep relying on your FRIENDS!!! We are all here for you ANYTIME!!!

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

I could not be strong without you. Love you:-)

p.s. You are a good blogger....

Summer said...

I just wanted to say I feel ya Sara. Seriously, I dont know how you keep it all together. You are a great example for sure.

We should have a pity party-venting lunch. Sound fun???!! JK of course. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Brian And Lisa said...

Thank you Sara for that touching testimony and tribute. May the Lord bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sara, on a light note I didn't want Kenley to win either! I love love love this family photo from the reunion, it is really good to see all your siblings looking so wonderful and surrounded by your loving family. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you care for your mother as all of us will be doing someday as we give back to them the care they gave to us. If you get a chance, tell your mom that to this day many of us reflect upon times we spent at the CESA barn or at your home. Every one sees those moments as truly some peaceful formative times, and that gift of an everlasting memory of youth is a true gem! Your friend back in SD. Stacy (Swanson) Morman - Rapid City, SD