Monday, October 20, 2008

PR finale and elk

So we got everything put away from our Mexico trip and slowly started getting into our real lives now that our vacation was over. We had the usual school day routine Monday, tennis after school, FHE that night and moved on to Tuesday. Tuesday was much like Monday, in fact I really can't remember much of what happened on Tuesday(early Alzheimer's I'm sure). So Wednesday came and I started getting that feeling of looking forward to something.....Its the Project Runway Season 5 finale!!! I get that some of you may think of me differently now , but before you really pass judgment on me, know that this is the only real thing I watch on TV. Sad isn't it.
But it was fun watching it with some of the other Runway junkies that I know. We all were rooting for Kenley to get beat(she did) and after that we pretty much didn't care who won. The food and conversation was the real winner....thanks ladies!





Shane and Jackson left last Thursday morning to go hunt one of these, except with no horns. The hunters started hunting Friday am and saw nothing that even looked like an elk until they closed camp Sat. evening. But my hunters are not quitters, they went back out to hunt today and tomorrow. We at home base are keeping our fingers crossed that Jackson gets his elk and that I can find a home for all of the meat! But nonetheless, we are hoping that they have a great hunt and got to spend some real quality time together in the woods.

5 comments:

amy said...

I admit, I don't get the whole Project Runway thing but I am glad that you have found other girls to enjoy it with!

tamra said...

I guess there is a shred of hope that someday, even years away, I will have time for TV again.

Fun the men can bond!

christy said...

Ok...apparently I need to start watching Project Runway so I can be invited over for fun food and conversation and a viewing on the HUGE screen!! I'll totally do it if that's what it takes!!!

Summer said...

So did Jackson fill his tag?

And I got a great shot of Leanne, but really wish I had got a not so great shot of Kenley-dang!

Jaimee said...

Thanks for hosting our reality obsession party-- it was fun! Hope Jackson can fill his tag soon. I know Eric can't wait for the day when he can take our boys hunting with him. Must be a testosterone thing. :D