Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fhe, cookies & trick or treating

I will apologize for the lengthy post that follows....Last Monday night the sister missionaries came over with an investigator and her daughter for Family Home Evening (FHE). Jessie gave a great lesson on Service and then we moved into the kitchen and decorated some of the best looking cookies and then delivered them around the neighborhood..










door bell ditching cookie deliveries (the kids favorite part). Above is Sister T.(hard name to say), Jessie, Shannon, Sister Harper, me and Haley. We all had our inner decorator come to the surface, some more than others, but all in all we had a great time. Thanks to the sisters for the opportunity to have a great family in our home!

Wednesday night Maddy and I had a mother daughter Halloween dinner, in costume no less. It was really fun and dinner was really good! Thanks to Ruth for all of her hard work with the achievement day girls. There will be a photo posted when I have it. But here was my cute mime, without all of her makeup(easier to eat dinner with). But I have to say that her costume idea was super cute and she pulled it off as only Maddy could. She even stayed in character all night while trick or treating, she did not speak a single word! Jake had a great time and he would say that trick or treating is his favorite holiday. He had a party at school on Thursday, that included super cute parade(see below).





But I loved the bat man pose that Jake made every time I took a picture. He loved everything about his costume and about being bat man for one night. He has already started talking about his costume for next year. It was a successful Halloween all around.

6 comments:

julie williams said...

I love it!! Tell Jackson I'm disappointed...I wanted to see him in costume! Hope you had a great weekend.

Karen said...

Great post!! Love the Batman - I kinda missed all that this year - Logan had to be cool.

Karen

amy said...

Maddy's looks adorable! Sorry I mised the cookies.

Jaimee said...

Love Jake in his Batman pose. Too cute! And Maddy looks great as a mine and very impressive that she could stay "in costume" all night. That is real will-power because I know I could never go even an hour without speaking! Glad FHE was a success. Wow, you've been busy! Glad you could fit time in for lunch with me--I appreciate your friendship!

Shabwan said...

Hey! I feel slighted! By the time Batman rang my doorbell...he didn't look like that! Ahhh but I love him anyway!

christy said...

Maddie looked FANTASTIC!!! What a clever costume idea!! I might try it next year on one of my kids...a whole night of NO talking...HEAVEN!!!