Friday, November 7, 2008

moving forward....

Ok, I am not going to lie. I was disappointed by the outcome of the Presidential campaign. It has taken me a couple of days to gather my thoughts about the changes coming to our country. It was a truly historic moment in time to have the first African American voted into office, but I wish I agreed with more of his policies. I am an American and I will give him the chance to be President. So for now, the only things I can do are 1. pray for him 2. pray for my country 3. pray for peace. It seems as though I will be very busy praying, but I will not have fear moving forward (just less money...).

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

Your last line is classic! Oh, what else can we do...I echo your comments and hope he can do some good for the country. And, hey, isn't big government going to pay my mortgage now? Sweet! (Sorry, I had to say it!) :D

The Dewey's said...

haha.I like your first sentence of this post.

Summer said...

2 weeks later... are you still so totally bummed? Nothing exciting to update us with,pfft! he-he