Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally . . . an Outpatient

I was able to come home on Saturday the 14th after 58 days and nights in a hospital bed. I am home for good and made my goal to be home by Father's Day. Saturday, I watched Madison sing with MCC's musical theater group. She was wonderful. I was able to attend church with my family for Father's Day then we barbecued later that day. My kids said that this was their favorite Father's Day that they could remember. Mine too. It feels great to be home and to have all of us together. It has been a long road with many blessings along the way.

It has been a busy week with with many adjustments and I have a long recovery ahead. However,I truly enjoy sleeping in my own bed. I forgot how soft it was. I am adjusting to physical therapy as an outpatient. The kids are doing great. Jake is glad his Dad is home but asks when I have to go back to the hospital. Sara is doing great as my "charge nurse." I wold not be where I am without her and have been amazed by her strength.

I would like to thank all of you who have brought meals in, sent cards, visited, prayed and fasted for us. The outpouring of love for my family has been overwhelming and humbling. I have enjoyed hearing from so many of you and look forward to seeing you again.

Signing off...
Shane

4 comments:

julie williams said...

We're happy you're home and it was great to see you at the MCC performance. We're off to the beach for 2 weeks and wish you were coming with! We'll be by to see you when we get home. Take care and happy 4th

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Shane - it was great to see you at church! We are so happy for your family!
Love from the Hancocks

tamra said...

Great to have sushi with you guys last night! It was fantastic to see you guys! Let me know when you have the party, maybe I can squeeze in another trip to St. Jo's. Love you guys!
Tamra

low said...

Shane,

I just finished reading all of your blogs( and most of the comments).
I am overjoyed that you and your family are doing so well.
I will give you a call soon.

Lee