Sunday, June 1, 2008

A note from Suite 102

Sorry for the delay from the last post. Time flies when your havin' fun in Rehab. Overall I am improving every day. Our goal is to be home by Father's Day weekend. My doctors did not agree or disagree with the date. They did say last week that it may be another 3-4 weeks. It will depend on how fast my legs heal and getting me more mobile. My legs look good but there are still a few open spots the grafts did not cover. The docs say that the open spots will fill in with my own skin. I feel stronger and am able to walk fairly well with a walker. My feet and calf muscles are still swollen and the docs changed my leg dressings to help alleviate the swelling. So far the swelling has not changed much. I am going to see if I can get a pass tomorrow to go to Jackson's baseball game. We will see. I look forward to being home soon. Thanks for all your visits, posts on the blog and prayers.

More later

Shane

5 comments:

Taryn said...

I hope you make your goal to be home by Father's Day... Hey you can make cake, getting home in two weeks is totally doable!!

... gotta get back to work before my boss sees me slacking!

Take care, always thinking of you all!

Taryn

Anonymous said...

Shane and Sara, It was so great to talk with both of you last night. Keep up the great work...Sara take care of you too.
Peace and love
Katy and John Billion

Anonymous said...

Hey, we figured it out. Sara thanks for the tip...you are BRILLIANT and don't let anyone tell you different. Know I am sending hugs....
katy

Brake Family said...

Shane,

I love reading your daily progress. Keep the faith and keep moving forward. Your family is just wonderful and I am sure you are anxious to get back home. That would be the best medicine of all!

Anonymous said...

wow! what great progress, hope you keep getting stronger everyday. i saw Paul out walking his dog the other day. so grateful that all of you are okay. what a miracle that so many people are praying for attorneys:) Suzann Hansen