Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Power of Cake

Yesterday, May 27, Sara and I celebrated our 19th anniversary. We had a steak dinner in my room and I baked a german chocolate cake earlier in the day. It was part of my therapy as I had to stand in the kitchen to mix it up, frost it and do the dishes. Sara and the kids said it was very good and they were impressed that Dad actually baked a cake.

Yesterday they hauled me back to Maricopa County Hospital for a "check up" on my burns. I was not very excited to return to "county." Although the burn center and surgeons are some of the best in the country the wound care at Health South is wonderful. The good news is that the folks at county agreed that my burns are healing very nicely and were happy with what they saw.

I am working hard in physical therapy and have three hours every day. Thanks for all your visits, kind words and prayers. They are a great support. More Later . . .

Shane

9 comments:

Lydia of the Desert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! You got to bake a cake for therapy? That's so cool! Y'all look great together! Good to hear that you're progressing & healing so well!

~Dickinson Family

Lindsay Rector said...

You were right Shane there is a spot to leave comments. Happy Aniversary see ya soon. Also send me an email to jim@c2cequity.com so I will know what email your using. This is Jim Rector

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Anniversary! Are you taking orders? How about cupcakes, can you have your therapists work those in?

Glad you are doing well so far this week. Keep thinking positive, I know I do. Take care, miss you all!

Love Heather & Sean

Anonymous said...

OK-I think we figured this out! Are you impressed or what?! Happy Anniversary to the two of you. May you enjoy the next 19 and lots more to come after that. We are so glad to hear of your continued progress. Keep up the great work and we will see you again soon-
Love Ken & Jill

julie williams said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope it was great...sounds like it was. I got to see BEAUTIFUL Haley today at Rosa's she was getting lunch for you!! She always makes me feel so good when she sees me...she gives me a big huge and brings a smile to my face!! You better keep your eye on her! I'm glad to hear the news at "county" was good. We continue to pray for you daily as do the kids. We look forward to you coming home so we can have family night in your theatre room!! It ROCKS- keep up the good work and by the way how are the blood clots?

Taryn said...

Congratulations Shane & Sara on your 19th! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate together... Now I know who I can call at the last minute when we need a cake for work! Who knew!?

It is terrific news your burns are healing well. Keep up the good work for yourself...you'll be home soon (yeah I know not soon enough!)

You are in our prayers, as always.

Taryn & Family

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Shane & Sara!! I love the pictures - you all look so wonderful! The kids are getting so big and I can't believe Jake is 4 already. Keep up the good work with therapy. I would like to come see you sometime soon if that's ok. Please e-mail me at slwoollen@gmail.com when you get a chance.

Sonja :)

wrengrow said...

Congratulations! 19 years- that's wonderful! It was great to see the pictures of you and your family. We have appreciated being able to follow your progress. It sounds like you are healing and improving daily. Keep up the good work and know that you are in our prayers. Wren - Deena & family