Monday, May 19, 2008

Power of a shower

I was able to take a real shower for the first time in 31 days. Yeah! I got a hair cut today as, well. Thanks J & K. Overall I am feeling pretty good today. I was able to do 2 hours of rehab today, which included walking, leg stretching and the arm cycle. My strength and endurance is improving every day. The doctors looked at my wounds today and described the improvements as miraculous. I still have a long road ahead but am getting better every day. Thank you for your continued prayers, thoughts and support for my family and me. Prayers are being answered.
Shane

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane keep on with the battle!!!!!!! I check the blog daily and the Nielson clan prays for you and your family. I hope you get to go home soon. Keep with the fight!!!! Love ya Talan

Callie said...

Congratulations on your progress!
You and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
The Morris'

Brake Family said...

Way to go Shane!!! It is so good to hear from you and be able to daily check on your progress. Have another great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shane,

Nothing like a good shower! I hope you feel cleaner and more comfortable. Keep up the good work at rehab. It's great to hear you are progressing quickly and that your wound are healing.

Best wishes,

Sharon Overall

Anonymous said...

Shane, it was great to hear your voice again. Keep positive! I've always looked up to you and you have always made me proud to be your little sister. We are thinking of you every day, looking forward to your family's much deserved visit back to Hawaii.

Stay strong, we'll talk to you soon! Love and aloha from the Lockerman's!

molly said...

Oh the things I take for granted like showers! It is good to be hearing from you, we are so thankful to hear of your progress.

You have our continued prayers and love.

-The DeCrows
p.s. Start thinking about what movies you want on your apple tv... we will get them ripped for you :)

Jaimee said...

Shane, we are so happy for your continued progress! Way to go! You and your family are in our prayers daily. Keep on keepin' on!
Love, The Buckleys

christy said...

Shane.. you are awesome and we ara all proud of you and how hard we know you are working!! We love you and your family and continue to pray for you all !! Way to go and keep up the great work!!!! The Vance family