Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday May, 21st

Great to hear from all of you. I enjoy your thoughts and kind words. Today was a busy day. They took all my staples out of my legs today. I think the graft stapler at Maricopa was trigger happy. I was able to walk 500+ feet today with the assistance of a walker. My sweet wife brought me Tia Rosa's for dinner. The salmon taco and chips and salsa tasted great. Sara also took me out for a nice walk tonight. I enjoyed the fresh air and the cool breeze.

I had some nice visits today. It is a blessing to be at this rehab hospital.

More later

love

Shane

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so nice to check in on you and find so much good news. you are such an inspiration. sending our best wishes from japan and the middle east (. . . not for much longer, though).
the crosbys

Linda Pickles said...

HI Shane,
It was so good to get on the blog and see your words. It is wonderful that you're able to walk, even 500 feet, considering what you've been through.
We're so happy for your progress, and will continue to keep you in our prayers.
Love,
The Pickles

Brake Family said...

Hello Shane!!! Can't wait to see you jogging around the neighborhood. Great progress. Keep it up.

Tad said...

Hi Shane,

I know we've only met a few times, but I wanted to pass along my best wishes to you and your family. It sounds like your recovery is coming along well. I hope that the future is just as bright.

Tad Davis

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, HOORAY! Shane, we are so happy about your recovery! Our prayers continue for you and the family.

Love from the Hancocks